Tuesday, January 23, 2018

TWD - Crunchy Granola


Today's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Crunchy Granola. I never understood the difference between granola and muesli until now. Granola is a toasted muesli with plenty of sweeteners added, so it's not something to be overindulged in. However, as a now and then brekky, it's fine, and it has lots of good stuff in there.

I substituted sunflower seeds with flax seeds (because that is what I had), and slivered almonds with whole chopped almonds. For the fruit, I used apricots, sultanas and goji berries because that is what I had. I also only made a half batch so I wasn't swimming in granola.

The granola smelled devine as it cooked. It is one of those smells you could gladly sniff all day.

To see what the others made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

11 comments:

Pam said...

Cool, I did not know the difference, but thanks to you, I do now, I thought they were same! I know now I like granola and yours sounds delicious! Yum!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe I think that's why I like granola so much more than muesli! :D

Shirley@EverOpenSauce said...

Yummy granola! I like that you can almost put anything in it. Gogi berries sound very nutritious.

Kari said...

I think I have always seen granola as American muesli so I appreciate your more accurate definition! I rarely have either but this sounds tasty.

Diane Zwang said...

I made a half a batch too. Nice that you were able to customized to what you had on hand.

Zosia said...

I didn't know the difference between the two either. I agree that granola, with all of its added sugar etc, is best as a once-in-a-while treat but this one was very good.

Mardi Michels said...

I LOVED this granola and am not allowed to make this anymore since I just eat it all up!

Summer said...

‘Looks so good and does smell Devine when baking up. Yummy!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

that’s funny- i’d never had muesli till we moved to sydney. now bircher muesli is in my permanent breakfast rotation! i eat a lot of granola and usually go for a relatively less sweet version, so i agree this one is a treat.

Johanna GGG said...

when I was young we used to differentiate between raw muesli and toasted muesli - I have always thought granola was toasted muesli (which I prefer because I just don't get excited about eating raw oats). And I think you are on topic today as Neil Diamond announced this week he is not touring any more and is n't one of his songs crunchy granola.

2paw said...

I didn’t know the difference either. I do love it when the granola makes clusters, it is like eating lollies, so it is a sometimes food :(!