Thursday, May 4, 2017

EwE - Chicken and Mushroom Quesadillas - Cinco de Mayo Fiesta



Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, so Peggy has chosen the seasonal theme of Cinco de Mayo Fiesta for this week's Eating with Ellie.

I decided to make Chicken and Mushroom Quesadillas from So Easy - because they were so easy!  There was a traditional Mexican stew in another of my books, but it called for ingredients that I would find hard to obtain (hominy, tomatillos).

I was a bit worried that Chicken and Mushroom would be a little bland, but it is far from it - Ellie spices things up with cumin, chilli and oregano, so the end result is anything but bland.  I also highly recommend investing in the salsa and sour cream for the side.  I bought them thinking that they went into the quesadillas, and was miffed to learn that they were sides.  However, they really made the quesadillas delicious.

To see what everyone else made for Cinco de Mayo, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website.

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Sounds like a great recipe to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! :D And hehe yep sour cream is the best!

Pam said...

Woo hoo! Chicken, mushrooms and Cinco de Mayo! You're so far ahead of the rest of us, it's still the 3rd here. Great recipe, spice it up for the day! But I'd omit the cumin. Happy Day!

Peggy said...

Ha. We made the same thing! Funny I thought they were sort of bland!

TeaLady said...

These were good weren't they? I remember making these before and loved them. You looked at her Posole didn't you? Me, too.

Cakelaw said...

I did look at the Posole then wondered where on earth I'd get hominy from and piked.

Cakelaw said...

Oh well, at least you knew they were healthy. The salsa and sour cream were important, I think.

Pamela @BrooklynFarmGirl said...

These quesadillas look amazing!