Sunday, December 4, 2016

Decorated Gingerbread


It's Christmas box time again, and preparations have been accelerated this year so that I can be ready as I see people.

The first item out of the box is decorated gingerbread.  I used Bake at 350's gingerbread recipe, which is deep, dark and spicy:


To decorate the gingerbread, I cut out corresponding shapes in red rolled fondant that I had stencilled using royal icing with hearts, and I pasted the fondant to the biscuit with a light brush of water.

It is simple but effective to do, but after 36 cookies, I had had enough.

Stay tuned for more Christmas goodies.

5 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Ah those are cute. It is holiday baking season.

Johanna GGG said...

They look like great gifts - I love gingerbread and it always lasts well - was amused to see you had had enough after 36 because I often feel that way too

Kari said...

36 cookies is a lot of cookies when you are decorating. The results are lovely though!

Beth said...

Your cookies are lovely - and I can relate to the feeling of having had enough! Looking forward to more cookie recipes.

Margaret said...

Those look great. I just tried decorating this holiday season and it's not as easy as it looks.