Thursday, June 2, 2016

EwE - Pork Tenderloin with Fennel and Grapes - Put Some Pork on Your Fork


For Eating with Ellie this week, I chose the theme of "Put Some Pork on Your Fork". For this theme, I am sharing Ellie's Pork Tenderloin with Fennel and Grapes, from Weeknight Wonders.  It seems that I am a creature of habit, as I subsequently discovered that I also chose this dish for EwE on February 19, 2015.  Oh well, good dishes are worth a revisit, don't you think?

Pork and fennel are a match made in heaven, and this dish features both ground fennel to flavour the pork and fennel bulbs on the side.  The grapes add sweetness and further flavour to the dish.

Pork tenderloin is not the cheapest cut of meat out, but it is very good.  I enjoyed this dish with Ellie's Warm Bulgar Salad with Grapes and Feta (coming to this site soon!).

If you like healthy, tasty dishes, check out Ellie Krieger's recipes - I have really been enjoying them.

To see what Ellie pork dishes the others made, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

5 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

What an interesting combination of ingredients, Gaye...I adore Fennel but never seem to have enough recipes to really make its flavor shine. I have a feeling this dish most certainly does that! And of course the grapes the sweetness of the grapes and the tinge of licorice flavoring from the fennel. I bet this pork dish is simply amazing!!!

Thank you so much for sharing, Gaye...

Kayte said...

This was a good dish indeed, I remember making it and liking it a lot. I should revisit this one as well. Yours looks so pretty as well as delicious. Great pick! Now next week we get to visit beef! :-)

Mae Travels said...

That looks very delicious. The combination of flavors is a great one -- I have tried a recipe (Ottolenghi's chicken with clementines and fennel) that adds some licorice-flavored alcohol like Arak or Pernod as well as the other two similar-tasting ingredients.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love the sound of this dish and the addition of grapes to it! :D I had a main meal with grapes the other day and they worked a treat.

TeaLady said...

Funny how we often go back to the same recipes. Looks great and tasty.