Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Caramelised Almonds



The last of this year's Christmas box treats is Caramelised Almonds.  I followed Andrea's recipe (skipping the fleur de sel and almond oil), which is online here.

These caramelised almonds were very simple to make, and everyone liked them.  My only tips are to be prepared to use your muscles to stir the almonds while they are caramelising, and don't give up - they eventually do just what Andrea says they will do.  My arms were getting quite tired from stirring these almonds, and after the sugar crystallised on them, I started to think it would never melt again to form the toffee coating on the nuts.  However, I persisted, and in the end, I got gorgeous mahogany-hued toffee-ed nuts.

Thanks to Andrea for the recipe. 

I served scoops of these nuts in clear cellophane bags - a really nice Christmas gift.

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I just made some caramelised walnuts! They're so addictive aren't they! :D Great gift idea too Cakelaw! :D

Johanna GGG said...

They look great - would love them in my stocking! Hope you have a great christmas

Cakelaw said...

You too Johanna

2paw said...

I made caramel popcorn, yours is so much posher. I don't think I ahve the strength for stirring!!