Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WWDH - Thai Chicken San Choy Bau



For Wednesdays with Donna Hay this week, Kayte chose Thai Chicken San Choy Bau.  I am a fan of the Chinese equivalent, so I was happy to make these.

The san choy bau were delicious.  The chicken mince is chilli spiced to give it some kick, so was quite tasty even without the lettuce cups.  It is also quite a colourful dish.

This dish is quick and easy to make as well, which has much to recommend it.

To see what the other group members thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the WWDH website.

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love sang choi bau too! I actually just got some sausages with sang choi bau flavouring. I can't wait to eat them!

Kayte said...

Yours look delightful. I minced up my chili pepper really really tiny and it got lost in the cooking with the whole mess of stuff so I probably should make those a little bigger next time, yours look probably the right size, although I am always a little fearful of too much spice, boring palate that I own, nothing too spicy for me...the tiny ones were not very spicy in the end so I think I will go your route next time, plus yours just looks prettier! :-)

TeaLady said...

Yes, it definitely had KICK!! Definitely a repeat. Yours is pretty.