Wednesday, September 23, 2015

WWDH - Braised Borlotti Beans with Sausages and Poached Eggs


This week for Wednesday with Donna Hay, Sarah chose Braised Borlotti Beans with Sausages and Poached Eggs.  The recipe can be found online here.



This was a full on man-style breakfast for me.  I liked it well enough, but I don't think I'll make it again - the combination of strong flavours was a little overwhelming for me.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the WWDH website.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, some very bold flavours! I really liked the bean base and think I might make it again to serve with something else.

TeaLady said...

First I have to ask, what is a borlotti bean? I should have at least made the sausage and eggs for this one, but somehow not making the beans just didn't seem right. NOT a bean fan.

Cakelaw said...

Margaret, they are dappled red and white beams. I have never seen them fresh - I used canned.

Kayte said...

I can't find these beans either, but I will keep looking as I know the guys would like this dish a lot...sausage beans eggs...those are all guaranteed hits here. Soon.