Saturday, August 15, 2015

WIAFK (CB) - Lacquered Chicken with Noodle Salad



Our Weekend in a French Kitchen (Cafe Boulud) recipe this week is Lacquered Chicken with Noodle Salad.  This is a really nice dish comprising chicken pieces marinated in honey, ginger, soy sauce and spices, then baked in the oven, while the side is a noodle salad with carrot, shallot and leek.

The "noodle" salad called for spaghetti; I didn't have any, so I used penne instead.  I don't think it made much difference.  I also served the salad warm, given it is winter here.

I really enjoyed this dish - it had really nice Asian-inspired flavours and was relatively quick to make.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the Weekend in a French Kitchen website.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Looks great. Nice idea to serve hot since it's winter where you are. Since it's hot here I went with cold for the salad. Delicious!

Tammy said...

Glad you enjoyed this! I'm not sure I would've thought of using penne, but I'm glad you liked it. The seasonings in this are really delicious.