Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pear Tarte Tatin



No Ellie for me today, as it is a catchup week.

Recently, it was Mara's birthday, and she requested a from scratch tarte tatin.  I had some lovely pears in the house, so I decided to make her a pear tarte tatin for her birthday. I used this recipe from Taste.com.au.  Instead of ready rolled puff pastry, I made a single batch of Nick Malgieri's quick puff pastry.

Mara said that she loved her tarte tartin, as did her family.  She especially loved the caramelised bits on the pastry.  I'll have to take her word for it, as I didn't try it, but I am happy that she enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

you made your own puff pastry - that is impressive - and the tart sounds wonderful - you are so generous with your baking

Kari said...

This certainly looks delicious (and very pretty). Caramelised bits sound great too!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

The caramelised bits of buttery pastry and sugar are my favourite bits too! :D

Mae Travels said...

I wish I could taste it!

Kayte said...

That looks so gooey and delicious! Don't you love Nick's recipes? I swear by his recipes, they always work and they always work the very first time. I wish I could taste this one!