Monday, April 20, 2015

Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Spread



When I made chocolates for Easter, I needed something to fill them with.  I didn't have any cream so many of the usual fillings were out.  By luck, I came across this recipe from Honey and Spice for Dark Chocolate and Roasted Hazelnut Spread - homemade Nutella!

I was surprised at how easy and delicious this spread was.  I will shamefacedly admit that I have been eating the remainder out of the jar - it is that good.  Best of all, I know what's in it, which you don't with store bought Nutella.

While this spread  is not as smooth as Nutella, it has that lovely chocolate-hazelnut taste, and would be perfect on toast etc, just like Nutella.  Or for eating out of the jar ...

3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

great filling for easter eggs - I was really shocked to see that nutella has very little hazelnuts - must try this!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love making my own Nutella because then you can use your favourite chocolate too. I've tried white and dark too-so interesting! :D

Kayte said...

I copied this link as my guys love this spread and I think I would like to try a homemade version for them as a surprise. Thanks. Yes, eating it out of the jar with a spoon is something they do quite often! lol