Sunday, March 29, 2015

Ripples Seafood and BBQ Restaurant, Malvern


Recently, Tim and I went for dinner at Ripples Seafood & BBQ Restaurant, a Chinese restaurant in Glenferrie Road, Malvern.  This was our third visit to Ripples, and as ever, the food was good, but the service was a little indifferent.

Here is a glimpse of the interior of Ripples, bedecked with white tablecloths and fancy folded napkins: 



Each time we have been to Ripples, we have ordered different things just for fun.  They make a fine beef brisket, but we opted not to order it on this occasion.

For entrée, we ordered satay prawn skewers ($7.50) to share:


These were as delicious as they looked.

We ordered two mains to share with steamed rice.  The first was BBQ pork with vegetables ($15):


The other dish was beef with ginger and spring onion ($15):


Both dishes were good to eat (though not spectacular) and healthy-ish.   I hate ordering dishes without vegetables so both of these dishes satisfied my requirement for some greens.

On finishing our meal, we were served with a palate cleanser of a small fruit plate each.

Ripples is good value and serves decent food in close proximity to the Malvern Central shopping centre, but don't expect enthusiastic service.

40-42 Glenferrie Road
Malvern VIC 3144
Ph: (03) 9509 5365

4 comments:

Kayte said...

Well I wish I had been with you and Tim as all this looks really wonderful to me. Shrimp is one of my absolute favorites, so just from the git go I was in for whatever you were having!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I often find service in a lot of Chinese restaurants is a bit utilitarian in nature. In fact I'm often shocked if it is really friendly and enthusiastic hehe :)

Anonymous said...

Just look at all of those dishes. To say I'm not wishing I was at that restaurant right now would be a lie lol. I love this post.

Kay of Pure & Complex
http://www.purecomplex.com

Mae Travels said...

I wonder if Chinese food over there is very different from here... the restaurants here have Americanized in various ways. It's claimed that there are more Chinese restaurants in the US than there are McDonald's, so it's obviously very adapted to American taste.