Thursday, August 21, 2014

Honey Cafe, South Yarra


On Saturday, I had ventured outside of my usual field to get my hair cut, and decided that as I was already in South Yarra, I would go to the movies at Palace Como to see The Hundred Foot Journey.  This is a foodie film starring Helen Mirren, and is a pleasant enough affair with no surprises.

As the movie was screening at lunchtime, I decided to do an early lunch before the movie.  Handily, I spied Honey Café on the same level as Palace Como in the Como Centre.  I was attracted to it, not just by the ultra handy location, but also by the gorgeous yellow interior with a beautiful flower mural:


Honey has a fixed menu, but the glass case at the counter contains a luscious array of daily specials:


I chose the tuna nicoise wrap ($11.50) from the glass case:


The gorgeous yellow yolk from the boiled egg in the wrap sold me on this option.  Just like a salad nicoise, the tuna nicoise wrap contained tuna, boiled egg, green beans and salad leaves.  It was delicious, and certainly filled me up.

I ordered a skinny flat white to go with my meal, which was served in a beautiful blue cup:



There was a tempting array of slices in the glass case, all only $3.50. 

The service was friendly and attentive, with the food coming out promptly and my water glass refilled without a word from me.

My experience at Honey Café was very positive - I would go again.

Como Centre
Level 2, Shop 9
299 Toorak Rd,
South Yarra 3141
Ph: 03 9826 2323 

6 comments:

Kari said...

I do like a good wrap - they are delicious when done well, and so disappointing when not. The yellow interior is beautiful too!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It's funny how we are attracted to certain colours. I find yellow quite unusual in restaurants and cafes and always notice and like it!

Kayte said...

Looks like great food and the mural is wonderful. We really enjoyed the movie...loved the scenery especially!

Anonymous said...

didn't know that they were open for trade on Saturdays. I've asked in the past, but was informed that they are closed for business on the weekends.

Cakelaw said...

Yes, I have previously had the same experience, but got lucky on this day.

cafe south yarra said...

Thanks for the review! The wrap looks so delicious, I would love to taste it.