Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WWDH - Sweet Potato Soup with Goat's Cheese



This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe is Sweet Potato Soup with Goat's Cheese, chosen by Chaya.  The recipe is online here.

I was not a fan of this soup.  It was a little thin for me,  andit seemed to need some spice.  The goat's cheese added flavour, but seemed to sink into the soup.  Unfortunately, this is not a repeat for me.

To see what Chaya, Kayte, Margaret and Sarah thought of this soup, visit their websites. 

8 comments:

CQUEK said...

This home made version looks easy to make and so so delicious.

yummychunklet said...

Sorry this wasn't a winner. The goat cheese sounds good though.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a shame that it wasn't a winner for you! :(

Kari said...

Sorry to hear this didn't work out. Sweet potato soup can be so delicious, it's terrible when it doesn't come together!

Chaya said...

Sorry, you did not like this. We loved it. The sweet potato flavor won us over.

Johanna GGG said...

shame you didn't like it - I think the flavours sound great but I always change soups to suit me - a bit of smoked paprika would definitely go in if I was making it - and if soup is thin I might add a bit of rice or grains - but I guess that is not the point of your WWDH

Sarah said...

I added a bunch of pepper to the goat's cheese to add some heat - that helped. What I liked about the soup itself was how simple it was: just four ingredients!

TeaLady said...

Bummer you didn't care for it. I wasn't sure. Still not, but was better the next day an it thickened up some and the cheese I used added more flavor.