Monday, December 16, 2013

Cherry Cheesecake for Vlad's birthday


Today is Vlad's birthday.  He's a cheesecake afficionado, so I once again made Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake, and added a splash of Kirschberry to the batter.  On top is a drained can of black cherries, and I jellied the reserved cherry juice with a dessertspoon of cornstarch mixed with a little water over heat then poured it over the cherries arranged on top of the cake.

I used a new springform pan this time, and because it is dark, it did not seem to bake as well - the cheesecake was a little runny in the middle and I have never had that problem before, having made this cheesecake on at least three  previous occasions.  I will have to remember that the darker pan needs a longer cooking time.  (Ironically I had to buy a new springform pan because I busted the old one making Vlad's cheesecake last year.)   Or perhaps it was because I used light cream - I can't remember if I have ever used light cream before, but I wanted to reduce the fat content - perhaps I should just submit and use heavy cream! 

Oh well, it tasted great anyway and mostly held together.  It did the trick.

4 comments:

yummychunklet said...

Impressive cheesecake for your friend!

Kari said...

Interesting about the different cooking times with different coloured pans (or possibly light cream ;) ) - but it looks like it turned out well anyway and I am sure he was happy!

Johanna GGG said...

looks good to me - always hard to get used to a new equipment but cheesecakes are always a winner

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It looks good to me! I've love a cheesecake like baked for me :D